After a very long interval, Clapham Common Management Advisory Committee (CCMAC) is pleased to announce the programme of summer concerts on the Clapham Common Bandstand for 2021.
Building on the success and popularity of previous years, the series of concerts offers a diverse mix of musical styles reflecting the community in which we live. There’s something for everyone, ranging from Afro-Cuban to classical and pop, with performances from traditional brass bands to up-and-coming singer-songwriters.
All acts are local to Clapham and the surrounding areas. Concerts are free to all. They are supported and funded by a grant from Lambeth Council.
There’s music on the Clapham Common’s historic Bandstand, the largest in London, every weekend from Saturday 24th July until Sunday 22 August.
All concerts start at 2pm and end at 4pm.
Technical support is supplied by Clapham’s Omnibus Theatre.
Order of programme –
- Saturday 24 July – Putney & Wimbledon Brass Band – 2pm-4pm
- Sunday 25 July – Real Voices – choirs of Battersea, Brixton, Clapham, Crystal Palace, Tooting and Vauxhall – 2pm-4pm
- Saturday 31 July – Los Domingos – 2pm-4pm
- Sunday 1 August – The Crooks Saxes – 2pm-4pm
- Saturday 7 August – London Consorts of Winds – 2pm-4pm
- Sunday 8 August – Lambeth Wind Orchestra – 2pm-4pm
- Saturday 14 August – Sonnet Wind Orchestra – 2pm-4pm
- Sunday 15 August – The Fabulous Honeys – 2pm-4pm
- Sunday 22 August – Academy of Contemporary Music of London – 2pm-4pm
Photos courtesy of Jeff Whitehill – jeffwhitehillphotography.co.uk
CCMAC wants everyone to feel safe while performing and watching the bands, choirs and orchestras. The Bandstand is in an open and well-ventilated outside space. All acts who are singing have to take a COVID-19 test before performing. We will also lay out deckchairs spaciously around the Bandstand. We also ask that anybody who has COVID-19 or its symptoms remains at home. Be safe, be sensible.