Clapham Common is well served by public transport.
Clapham Common is within a 30 minute walking distance from Stockwell, Brixton, Balham and Clapham Junction.
The nearest Transport for London bike-sharing docking stations are on Long Road just before it turns into Battersea Rise, heading towards Northcote Road, and behind Clapham Common Tube station.
The best Tube stations are Clapham Common and Clapham South, both on the Northern Line. The Common is a very short walk from both stations. Neither station has step-free access.
Clapham High Street and Wandsworth Road Stations are within 15 minutes walking distance form the Common. Clapham Junction will take about 30 minutes but there are buses, see below.
Clapham Common is criss-crossed by numerous bus routes with multiple stops along its perimeter:
- From Kensington, Battersea and Camberwell: 345
- From Camden, Oxford Circus, Vauxhall and Piccadilly Circus: 88
- From Chelsea, Streatham Hill and Crystal Palace: 417
- From Streatham Hill, Sloane Square and Oxford Circus: 137
- From Crystal Palace, Tooting and Balham: 249
- From Crystal Palace, Herne Hill, Brockwell Park and Brixton: 322
- From Peckham, Brixton, Clapham Junction and Putney Heath: 37
- From Clapham Junction, Camberwell, Brixton and Shoreditch: 35
- From Croydon, Streatham Hill and Balham: 50
- From St George’s Hospital, Tooting, Stockwell and Elephant & Castle: 155
There is very limited car parking around the Common. There are spaces reserved for disabled drivers on Windmill Drive.